We now interrupt your regularly scheduled programming with the Seven Meme, which Kelli of Love’s Cool asked me to complete. No food post today–just some idiosyncracies about me.
Seven Things To Do Before I Die:
- Visit Paris again.
- Go on a road trip, visiting every state in the continental U.S.
- Get married.
- Meet the “First Lady of Chocolate,” Alice Medrich.
- Learn how to cook good Chinese food.
- Go on another mission (goodwill) trip.
- Learn the rules of French pronunciation, so I can discuss desserts intelligently. I know you generally drop every last syllable, except __________ but not _________.
- (sorry, couldn’t narrow it down) See my favorite actor, Ralph Fiennes, perform live on stage.
Seven Things I Cannot Do:
- Work with chocolate without staining my fingers, clothes or face brown.
- Enjoy alcoholic beverages. Every time I try, I contort my face as if I’m going to be sick because of the taste. I like cooking with alcohol, though.
- Live without the Internet.
- Be in a career that I’m not passionate about.
- Go through life without friends or family.
- Roll my “r”s.
Seven Things That Attract Me to Blogging:
- Meeting a bunch of cool people in real life, such as at the Amateur Gourmet’s second birthday party, Newsroom lunch with Nic (of The Baking Sheet), Clotilde’s (of Chocolate & Zucchini) NYC bloggers meetup, NYC bloggers potluck, and a dessert trade with Kelli of (Love’s Cool).
- Imparting knowledge to others.
- “Chatting” with people via comments.
- Learning about innovative restaurants, recipes and ingredients without the media hype.
- Improving the detail I pay attention to food.
- The freedom in writing about whatever I want.
- Telling people about my blog is a great conversation starter.
Seven Things I Say Most Often:
- Oh my gosh.
- No way.
Seven Books I Love:
- Huck Finn – Mark Twain
- Wuthering Heights – Emily Bronte
- Grapes of Wrath – John Steinbeck
- Chocolate and the Art of Low-Fat Desserts – Alice Medrich
- The Bible
- October Sky – Homer Hickam
- anything by C.S. Lewis
Seven Movies/DVDs That I Watch Over and Over Again:
- Back to the Future trilogy
- Indiana Jones trilogy
- Lord of the Rings trilogy
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- The Rainmaker
- Pretty Woman
Seven Bloggers I Want To Join In Too:
- The Baking Sheet
- Words to Eat By
- Bite by Byte (aka Slice, a Hamburger Today)
- The Amateur Gourmet
- The Traveler’s Lunchbox
- The Wednesday Chef