Beth, a blogger at CookiePie and a soon-to-be author of a dessert cookbook, tagged me for this meme. Since she was kind enough to think of me, I’ll take a break from my regular food posts and disclose some personal details.
What were you doing 10 years ago?
Practicing for my driver’s license exam.
What were you doing 1 year ago?
Working at Court TV (now called TruTV) and dreaming of the food world. Lo and behold, I’m now at Gourmet.com, building web pages, updating the news headlines, pitching food products for the weekly newsletter, and (woohoo!) working on an article for April.
Five snacks you enjoy:
- Granola and yogurt
- Peanut butter anything
- Anything else that’s sweet
Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
- Travel to Dubai, all 50 U.S. states and some other cool places
- Donate it to charities that fight hunger, AIDs and global warming
- Buy an apartment around Union Square in New York
- Treat my family and friends
- Go to Per Se or some other fancy restaurant
Five bad habits:
- Spending too much time on the Internet
- Eating too much chocolate
- Not getting enough sleep
- Being unsure of myself at times
Five things you like doing:
- Cooking/making dessert
- Socializing online
- Watching the performing arts
- Talking to my mom
Five things you would never wear again:
- A neon green parka that I wore for St. Patrick’s Day in high school. “Ouch! You’re hurting my eyes!” people said.
- Anything yellow (it’s a little too close to my skin color)
- 80′s-style leggings
- Ill-fitting shoes
- A tube top (I’ve never worn one before and don’t plan on it)
Five favorite toys:
- Food processor, because it can make almond macaroons, hummus and chocolate-hazelnut butter
- PC (no Macs!)
- Canon digital Rebel camera